As the world’s reliance on innovation escalates, the LES Foundation is helping to ready the next generation of industry professionals through mentorship and educational programs that build intellectual property (IP) and licensing know how.
2016 Call for Entries!
- Start-up company must have less than $200,000 investment as of November 16, 2015
- Business plan must have an IP component and build strategies for how the intellectual property will be used to achieve business plan objectives. Register early to build this component with LES mentors!
- NEW!! The LES Foundation expands its invitation to ALL start-up companies that meet the above qualifications.
What's in it for YOU?
- Learn the basics of intellectual property and licensing.
- Extraordinary mentorship, judging and feedback from IP and licensing professionals.
- Learn how intellectual property strategy supports your business plan.
- Finalists virtually compete at the LES (USA & Canada) Spring Meeting in Houston, TX, April 25.
- Chance to win $10,000 Grand Prize or $5,000 LESI Global Award. All finalist teams receive $1,000.
- The best post-doctoral scholar and MS/MBA/MD/JD/PhD student teams from around the world will receive special recognition
2016 Competition Timeline
|Nov. 16, 2015 – Dec. 31, 2015||Register at les2016.startupcompete.co/ to receive an LES IP Business Mentor and access to IP Tool Box|
|Jan. 2, 2016–Feb. 1, 2016||Business Plan Submission|
|Mar. 2, 2016||Finalists announced|
|Apr. 25, 2016||Virtual Competition Finals with At-Large Judges Around the World|
Why Choose the LES Foundation Competition?
Frank Barnes Mentor Award
The Frank Barnes Mentor Award is an annual award given to a deserving executive, who has, like Frank Barnes, mentored many licensing executives. This award will be presented each year at the LES (USA & Canada) Annual Meeting.