BUSINESS PLAN COMPETITION
2017 Call for Entries!
- Start-up company must have less than $200,000 equity investment as of November 16, 2016
- Business plan must have an IP component and build strategies for how the intellectual property will be used to achieve business plan objectives. Register early to build this component with LES mentors!
What's in it for YOU?
- Learn the basics of IP and licensing.
- Extraordinary mentorship, judging and feedback from IP and licensing professionals
- Use patent analysis tools from the IP ToolBox to learn about freedom to operate and close art
- Learn how intellectual property strategy supports your business plan
- Finalists virtually compete at the LES (USA& Canada) Spring Meeting in Washington, DC, May 8
- Chance to win $10,000 Grand Prize or $5,000 Global Award, and in-kind prizes. All finalist teams receive $1,000
- The best post-doctoral scholar and MS/MBA/
MD/JD/PhD student team from around world
will receive special recognition
2017 Competition Timeline
|Nov. 16, 2017–Dec 16, 2016||Register at les2017.startupcompete.co/ to gain access to IP Tool Box and get a mentor|
|Feb, 10, 2017||
First round of the business plan submission closes.
|March 2, 2017||Finalists Announced|
|March 3, 2017||Finalists may choose an additional item from the IP ToolBox|
|April 11, 2017||Deadline for submitting Final Round presentations, videos, and updated business plans by 5:00 p.m. PST (Pacific Time - CA, USA)|
|May 8, 2017||FINAL round of the Business Plan Competition|
|May 9-11, 2017||Competition Ceremony during LES Spring Meeting, Washington, DC|